The Smynx Terms of Service are based on those of the Open Source Initiative.
Box UK Ltd (“Box UK”) provides the information on this Web site (“Smynx”) as provided in these Terms of Service (“TOS”). Box UK may update the TOS at any time and without prior notice by posting a new version at http://www.smynx.com/tos
The information on this site and your use of it is subject to the most recent version of the TOS posted.
Smynx provides you with access to idea sharing, commenting, rating, messaging and a variety of other services (“Smynx Service”). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Smynx Service shall be subject to the TOS.
You understand that all information, data, text, graphics or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Box UK, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Smynx Service. Box UK does not control the Content posted via the Smynx Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Box UK be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Smynx Service. You agree to not use the Smynx Service to:
1) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or harm minors;
2) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
3) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Smynx Service;
4) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships;
5) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
6) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," or any other form of solicitation;
7) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
8) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in discussions or exchanges;
9) interfere with or disrupt the Smynx Service or servers or networks connected to the Smynx Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Smynx Service;
10) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, national or international law;
11) "stalk" or otherwise harass another; and/or
12) collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in the paragraphs above.
You acknowledge that Box UK may or may not pre-screen Content, but that Box UK and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, move, or remove any Content that is available via the Smynx Service and which violates the TOS. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Box UK may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Box UK, its users and the public.
Box UK does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion via the Smynx Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the publicly available Smynx Service, you irrevocably grant Box UK the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license, with the right to sublicense through multiple tiers of sublicensees, to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content, in whole or in part, on the Smynx Service or other publications by Box UK in any media whether now existing or which come into the existence into the future and to provide that information under the license set forth on the http://www.smynx.com Web site. And for Content you submit for private discussions, you grant Box UK the worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content on the associated private discussion pages.
You agree to indemnify and hold Box UK and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Service, your use of the Smynx Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
You acknowledge that Box UK may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Smynx Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, content postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Smynx Service. You further acknowledge that Box UK reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time. Box UK reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Smynx Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Box UK shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Smynx Service.
You agree that Box UK may terminate your access to the Smynx Service for violations of the TOS and/or requests by authorized law enforcement or other government agencies.
The Smynx Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Box UK has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Box UK is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Box UK shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
YOUR USE OF THE SMYNX SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SMYNX SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. BOX UK AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
BOX UK AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SMYNX SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SMYNX SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE and (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SMYNX SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BOX UK OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BOX UK AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF BOX UK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SMYNX SERVICE.